Birthday: May 14, 1940 Country of Origin: South Africa Languages Spoken: English, Afrikaans Family Information Married: Yes, to Maureen Marriage Date: April 22, 1967 Where Married: Gauteng How Long: 44 Years Children: Yes
Additional Family Information:
- 5 Grandchildren
Last School Attended: Highlands North High School
- Highest Standard Passed: Standard Ten (Matric)
- Diploma Theology (Linguistics) Cum Laude
Elder or Deacon: Yes, an elder of Benoni Congregation since 2000 to the present.
- Assisted Boksburg church of Christ during our studies at SABC
- Moved to Kimberely worked with the church of Christ Kimbereley 1975
- Moved to West Rand worked with the church of Christ Weltevreden 1984
- Moved to Vereeniging started the church of Christ Vereeniging 1990
- Returned to Benoni taught Adult classes 1999
- Appointed as an elder in 2000 in the Benoni church of Christ
- A woman who honours the Lord deserves to be praised.
- Throughout our Christian life Maureen has supported the church and me in my Christian work.
- In 1975 she founded the dormitory for the six SABC male students providing board and lodging for them and her family.
- During our time as SABC Maureen composed two musical plays which were used by SABC students during the annual lectureship, she also composed the SABC anthem
- Maureen taught music to support us through SABC and typed my assignments
- In Kimberely and Weltevreden she taught Sunday School and ladies classes
Experience in Other Fields/Occupations
- 32 years experience in Procurement of which 22 years includes advanced experience in Procurement in the mining industry.
- Practical experience of, SA Federation of Civil Engineering “Blue Book” NEC and FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Bible Survey; Denom. Doctrines; NT Church; Pers. Evangelism